6 Reasons to be Thankful:
6. The collective efforts of the teachers and school administrators for all the hurdles they have surmounted over the last few months. The parents too, who have been on a yoyo during this period!
5. How wonderfully blessed we are to live in such a rural and beautiful part of the world where one can see open lands for miles on end … just minutes away!
4. The vast amount of outdoor recreation we get to enjoy at our fingertips!
3. All the efforts of our Chaffee County Health and Environmental Services Department and Chaffee County Commissioners who have worked tirelessly to help us understand the importance of compliance for the greater common good … even under tremendous critical scrutiny!
2. Monarch Mountain is open for skiing tomorrow. See you on the slopes!
1. To all of my employees who have committed so much to making this happen. For that and them, I am very thankful.
Yes, we are opening on Friday the 27th. We’ve been out on the mountain and there is certainly enough coverage for some runs to open. Check the website for all the pertinent information. Without a doubt these are early season conditions so one will have to keep alert to the signage and areas roped off out there. The mazes have been modified to help keep us at a safe distance. As you know conditions in and around the lodge are closely following the criteria set forth by our local and state health officials.
Since Chaffee County is in a modified yellow on the State COVID dial, we will have indoor dining available, but limited capacity in all venues. Several other counties with ski resorts are in the red of this dial where indoor dining is not permissible. Currently there have been several spikes in our county and we should all be prepared for this happening to us as well. The only way to stop that from happening to us, and all other restaurants in town, is to try and get our case count down. It’s not about politics or personal freedoms anymore, nor has it ever been. If one wants to enjoy the freedom of dining out in the near future, and help support these businesses from folding, then do the right thing. Wear a mask, don’t socialize with others outside of your family unit, stay 6 feet away. It’s simple really. This is what we believe is the definition of Freedom. We at Monarch Mountain are committed to these principals and for us to do this dance at the mountain together we will need you too to be committed as well. As I said months ago, “it takes two tango” … so now, finally, it’s time to tango. With that said … let’s go skiing.